1. Building a Windows 10 Home Server

Discuss Building a Windows 10 Home Server and ask any questions as you follow the guide. 

1. Apple Mac OS X Server

Discuss your experiences with and questions about Apple OS X Server.

2. Network Attached Storage

If you want to chat about NAS devices, you're amongst friends right here.

3. Server Hardware

Discuss your server hardware in this forum.

4. 113312
    1. Components

If you have a problem with your smart home kit, or have a questions about a specific component that doesn't fit in another forum, share it here.

• No posts here yet
    2. Network/IP Cameras

Use this forum to chat about Network/IP Cameras.

3. Lighting

Use this forum to discuss smart home lighting solutions, such as Philips Hue, Lightify and others.

• No posts here yet
    4. Security

Smart Locks, motion detectors, home sensors, alarms and more. Talk about them here.

5. Smart Home Platforms

Discuss Smart Home Platforms such as SmartThings, Apple HomeKit and others right here.

6. Temperature Control

Discuss your experiences with smart home temperature control devices like the Nest Learning Thermostat, Honeywell Lyric and others.

1. Apple Mac OS X

Need help a with Mac? Talk here.

2. Windows

Help and support for Windows PCs.

3. Hard Drives and Storage

If you're looking for discussion about hard drives, solid state drives and other storage media, then head here.

4. Networking

From Ethernet to Powerline, Wi-Fi, Routers and Switches - discuss your networking issues and victories in this forum.

1. Digital Media Receivers

Discuss digital media receivers which connect to home servers, PCs and other networked attached storage devices.

2. Xbox & PlayStation

Share your experiences and issues with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Xbox One and the Sony PlayStation.

1. 88
    1. General Chat

If we've not covered your discussions in other forums, then post it here.

2. Pleased to Meet You!

New to the forums? Feel free to pop in here, introduce yourself and post your home server specs, if you wish.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
  • Latest Posts

• Help please - What type of NAS
      By hpsims · Posted
      Hi all,
      Hoping you may be able to help, I'm looking for some advise regarding NAS drives. 

I have family across the the uk and we want to upload and view family pics and videos and files with each other and keep in touch with whats going on wherever we may be. I want an alternative to cloud storage (such as a NAS drive stored in my house and connected to my internet and network) that when required the family could access this storage information via anetwork connection.

I would be looking at getting something that if and when required i can upgrade with large hard drives to ensure there is enough storage space, but also something that is not to difficult to use or set up as neither myself nor my family as extermly computer savy.

Can you suggest what would be the best type of NAS drive (if this is the correct thing to get)

• The Volume Bitmap is incorrect
      By amateurphotographer · Posted
      Hi Everyone I need some help and advice. I logged onto my server today and Stablebit was advising that the filesystem on one of my disks was having problems.  Have tracked it down to my C: drive (boot drive). Have tried many times running Chkdsk and whilst in Windows it tells me that "The mater file tables (MFT) bitmap attribute is incorrect.  The volume bitmap is incorrect" but then when I tell the system to run chkdsk with the fix command it obviously requires a reboot, on reboot it tells me that there are no problems during the scan and then reboots back into Windows. Have googled around and downloaded a couple of hotfixs from Microsoft but these are for Server 2008r2 and refuse to install saying that they are not meant for my system.   Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Paul
    • WHS 2011 Restore on xHCI mobo PCs - issues?
      By wayner · Posted
      In reading some reviews of the Skylake CPUs it looks like the Motherboards for the new sockets have a new chipset (Z170) that no longer support EHCI.  Apparently this means that you cannot do installs from a USB key for Win7, but you can for Win8 and 10 for Win7 you would have to do an install from an optical DVD drive.  Another issues when installing Win7 on such systems is that USB keyboards will not be supported - you will have to use PS2 keyboards/mice. Since WHS 2011 is kind of the same vintage as Win7 does this mean that there will be issues in doing restores to new PCs with this new chipset? There is some info here
    • The "Holy Grail": WMC on 2011 servers, now is possible !!!
      By The Solutor · Posted
      Updated the original message with a couple of quick and dirty tutorials and links to the tools needed...   Last but not least a good news, I think

• Client Pcs Scheduled Standby/shutdown
      By Tinus · Posted
      It's planned for 2.0 and we're working on 2.0
  • Latest Topics