Forums

1. Apple Mac OS X Server

Discuss your experiences with and questions about Apple OS X Server.

If you want to chat about NAS devices, you're amongst friends right here.

Discuss your server hardware in this forum.

If you have a problem with your smart home kit, or have a questions about a specific component that doesn't fit in another forum, share it here.

• No posts here yet
    2. Network/IP Cameras

Use this forum to chat about Network/IP Cameras.

Use this forum to discuss smart home lighting solutions, such as Philips Hue, Lightify and others.

• No posts here yet
    4. Security

Smart Locks, motion detectors, home sensors, alarms and more. Talk about them here.

Discuss Smart Home Platforms such as SmartThings, Apple HomeKit and others right here.

Discuss your experiences with smart home temperature control devices like the Nest Learning Thermostat, Honeywell Lyric and others.

Need help a with Mac? Talk here.

Help and support for Windows PCs.

If you're looking for discussion about hard drives, solid state drives and other storage media, then head here.

From Ethernet to Powerline, Wi-Fi, Routers and Switches - discuss your networking issues and victories in this forum.

Discuss digital media receivers which connect to home servers, PCs and other networked attached storage devices.

Share your experiences and issues with Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Xbox One and the Sony PlayStation.

If we've not covered your discussions in other forums, then post it here.

New to the forums? Feel free to pop in here, introduce yourself and post your home server specs, if you wish.

Upgrade to a WGS Supporter Account to remove this ad.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    gandpw

• WHoSeBox - Use your WHS like dropbox
      By stigzler · Posted
      Hi folks. Just thought I'd share a little app I made. It lets you use your WHS like dropbox - with public shares + link grabbing from explorer. I'm a hobby coder - so don't expect watertight - but think it's working OK - any probs just let me know. Check it here: https://whosebox.codeplex.com/
    • Questions on Planning and Preparing for a N54L
      By darkarn · Posted
      Thanks for your reply! Ah, that issue. I was thinking of using a modded BIOS though, which HP wont support lol, but the network card not working is news to me. Besides, I am strongly considering to pay a bit more and go for a Gen8 instead.
    • Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Have shut down the RDP session and re-connected.  Using the host machine's name I still get the message back that the Server isn't switched on, not my network, etc. etc.  Tried again with the IP address and once again I get the warning that the certificate isn't from a trusted source, but at least I can still get an RDP session and the Sharing dialog box is still churning some 20 minutes since I kicked it off (for the 3rd time at least today).  So, would be nice to know why I have this certificate error too???  and how to fix it ;-)
    • Questions on Planning and Preparing for a N54L
      By Guest · Posted
      Don't.. HP has poor support, and there's lots of compatibility issues with N54l.

Flashing the bios requires permission from HP before you can even download it, luckily i found another download link, but even after updating the bios, the network card still does not work with Windows.
    • Shares - A Nightmare!
      By Hyde · Posted
      Also having issues with RDP.  But having changed the client connection from using the PC's name to it's static IP I got an error message about the certificate not being from a trusted source.  Ignoring the warning and continuing to connect allowed me to gain a connection from my laptop and then typing "certificate" into the Settings search box got me a tool that allowed me to drag n drop the RDP certificate into the Trusted Root folder.  I'm hoping that'll help with all my connections now but I don't know and don't currently want to shut this RDP session down until performing a few tasks whilst I still can. I have now managed to share out my Software folder on the Server.  Yippee!  But the Music folder sharing is still churning away.  I can only guess it's down to the fact that there are 544 folders & 5265 files???
  • Latest Topics